TiVo Stream Limited Warranty
90 Days Free Parts and Labor
WHO IS COVERED?
You must have proof of purchase to receive warranty service. A sales receipt or other document showing that you purchased the product is considered proof of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED?
TiVo has the TiVo Stream manufactured from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry-standard practices. TiVo warrants that the Stream will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the limited warranty period described herein. The limited warranty coverage begins the day you purchase the product as further described in the following text. For 90 days from the purchase date, the Stream will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. This exchange is done without charge to you for parts and labor (except applicable taxes, if any). You will be responsible for the cost of shipping. From 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase, your Stream will be replaced with a repaired, renewed, or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. You will be responsible for all labor and shipping costs. Contact Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486 (1-877-FOR-TIVO) to obtain your cost (labor costs) for exchange.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
Your warranty does not cover:
- Labor charges for installation or setup of the product.
- Any taxes imposed on TiVo for units replaced or repaired under this warranty.
- Installation, performance of, or repair of: audio/video cabling, telephone line, or accessory attachments used with the product.
- Product replacement because of misuse, accident, lightning damage, unauthorized repair, or other cause not within the control of TiVo Inc. Please note that removing the cover of the Stream for any reason voids the warranty.
- Reception transmission problems caused by signal conditions, telephone line, or cable or antenna systems outside the unit.
- Damages to, or viruses that may infect your Stream or other devices arising from the use of unauthorized third party devices in connection with your Stream.
- Incidental or consequential damages resulting from the product. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.)
- A product that has been modified or adapted to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, damaged by these modifications.
- A product used for commercial or institutional purposes.
- Access connections (telephone or broadband), including charges from your communications provider.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP…
Please keep your sales receipt or other document showing proof of purchase. Attach it to this guide and keep both nearby. Also keep the original box and packing material in case you need to return your product.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST WARRANTY SERVICE
Please follow the troubleshooting advice in the TiVo app before calling Customer Support. Following the troubleshooting tips contained therein may save you a call to Customer Support.
TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE…
If you believe the product is defective, contact Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486. A representative will go through a diagnostic checklist with you. If it is determined that the product needs to be exchanged, you will receive a return authorization number. The representative will give you complete shipping details.
TO GET OUT-OF-WARRANTY SERVICE…
Out-of-warranty service can be obtained at a nominal cost for replacement and handling. To obtain out-of-warranty service contact Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486 to obtain the cost of out-of-warranty exchange for your product. All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction). TIVO’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN THE TIVO STREAM IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE STREAM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND ALL CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD. Some states (or jurisdictions) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
TIVO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.