Terms & Conditions for TiVo® Service Gift Cards
Updated October 27, 2006
This agreement explains the terms and conditions that will apply to your use of any TiVo® service gift card purchased only from TiVo Inc. ("TiVo"), TiVo.com, or any TiVo authorized retailer (together "TiVo® service gift cards") on or after November 15, 2006, and constitutes a legally binding agreement between you and TiVo. By purchasing the TiVo® service gift card, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement ("Agreement").
For gift subscriptions purchased before November 15, 2006 see terms & conditions
- TiVo® service gift card values do not expire. No fees will be charged against this card.
- TiVo® service gift cards are issued only in dollar denominated values which may only be redeemed through the TiVo.com web site, http://www.tivo.com/activate, or via phone at (877) 367-8486 towards the future purchase of a new subscription to the TiVo Service or TiVo Plus Service. A valid credit card number will be required to be provided at the time of activation for charges beyond the subscription period. If an order of service exceeds the amount of your TiVo® service gift card, the credit card provided will be charged for the balance due. TiVo service, programming, pricing, and terms are subject to change without notice. TiVo® service gift cards may not be redeemed toward: (a) TiVo Basic™ service; (b) DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service or any other service or product offered by TiVo Inc., TiVo.com, TiVo.com store, or its affiliates or authorized retailers; or (c) any change of billing option. All DIRECTV products and any other service provider products that use the TiVo service are solely supported and maintained by such service provider. Such service providers provide all customer service, including service activation, customer account inquiries, and basic technical/troubleshooting support.
- TiVo® service gift cards are not redeemable for cash except in MA and MT (to the extent required) and as may be required by other state laws. TiVo® service gift cards cannot be returned to authorized retailers if the PIN code is altered or scratched off. TiVo® service gift cards are not transferable and may not be sold in any manner, including online auctions. Local and state taxes, as applicable, are payable by bearer.
- Once redeemed, there shall be no refunds on any remaining balance after suspension or cancellation of your subscription, unless a subscription is canceled within 30 days of TiVo service or TiVo Plus service activation.
- TiVo® service gift cards cannot be used to purchase another TiVo® service gift card or other TiVo merchandise or equipment.
- TiVo® service gift cards that have not been redeemed may be transferred and used toward the activation of any new TiVo or TiVo Plus service subscription.
- TiVo® service gift cards are not refillable.
- TiVo® service gift cards may be used in connection with the multi-service discount, if applicable, and as permitted by and subject to the terms and conditions of the multi-service discount.
- TiVo® service gift cards and their use on the TiVo.com web site are subject to the Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice of TiVo Inc.
- Any new TiVo service or TiVo Plus service subscriptions purchased with a TiVo® service gift card shall be subject to all terms and conditions of such TiVo Service plan selected, including the full terms and conditions of the TiVo Service, including, but not limited to, any service commitment requirement and early termination fee.
- TiVo is not responsible for lost or stolen TiVo® service gift cards. The value of a TiVo® service gift card that is altered or used without your permission will not be replaced or refunded. TiVo will not honor TiVo® service gift cards obtained by theft or fraud. TiVo Inc. will reserves right to cancel TiVo service subscriptions or request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained TiVo® service gift card is redeemed. TiVo shall not replace lost, stolen, or destroyed TiVo® service gift cards without the required proof of purchase.
- Except as prohibited by law, the risk of loss and title transfer to you once you have purchased a TiVo® service gift card. If TiVo or other TiVo authorized retailer reasonably suspects fraudulent use of a TiVo® service gift card, the TiVo® service gift card can be suspended without notice.
- IN THE EVENT A TIVO SERVICE GIFT CARD REDEMPTION CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH TIVO SERVICE GIFT CARD.
- Any term of this TiVo® service gift card purchase agreement deemed unenforceable shall be severable and the remaining terms enforced.
- The terms and conditions of TiVo® service gift cards shall, without regard to principals of conflict of law, be governed by the laws of the state of California, save and except that the laws of the purchaser's residence shall govern any issue regarding the enforceability of an expiration date, if any.
© 2008 TiVo Inc. TiVo, the TiVo logo, Series2™ and Series3™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc.'s subsidiaries worldwide. All Rights Reserved.