NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by TiVo Inc., 2160 Gold Street, San Jose, CA 95002 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The TiVo Email Address Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction at the time of entry (19 in AL and NE and 18 in all other states). Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, service providers, and any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes are referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities.” Employees, officers, and directors of the Sweepstakes Entities and members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents and their spouses), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
- PROMOTION ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on September 24, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. September 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of 12 monthly entry periods which begin at 12:00 a.m. PT on the 24th day of each month and end at 11:59:59 p.m. on the 23rd day of the following month (each a “Monthly Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. You will receive one entry into the random drawing for the current Monthly Entry Period when you sign up for TiVo emails at TiVo.com. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. You must be the rightful owner of the email address provided. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete or unintelligible entries, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
- PRIZE DRAWINGS AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANTS. A random drawing will be conducted on or about the first business day following each Monthly Entry Period from among all eligible entries received for the preceding Monthly Entry Period to award one prize (described below). Non-winning entries will not be included in drawings for any subsequent Monthly Entry Period. Selected entrants will be notified by email and will be required to respond (as directed) to the e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Selected entrants may also be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability / publicity release (except where such a requirement is prohibited by law). If the completed Release is not returned within the time specified, the prize may be forfeited.
One (1) Prize per Monthly Entry Period: a TiVo Roamio™ Pro DVR with a Product Lifetime subscription to the TiVo service. Approximate Retail Value: $1,099.98. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for any prize, except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize with a prize of equal value, due to unavailability of advertised prize. Each prize will be awarded provided each prize is properly claimed.
- ODDS. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Monthly Entry Period.
- MARKETING AND PRIVACY. Information collected in connection with entries received for this Sweepstakes will be used for marketing purposes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to receive marketing emails with updates and promotions from TiVo. Entrants may follow instructions contained in each email communication to opt-out of receiving future email communications, however, Sponsor may still use the email address provided to notify entrant if they have been selected as a winner of this Sweepstakes.
- CONDITIONS. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winners agree to release Sponsor, its attorneys, affiliates, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize related activities. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review, unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrants. This Sweepstakes is void outside the U.S. and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. In the event that more prize notice emails are sent for any of the prizes than the number of prizes available as specified in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be conducted from all entrants who received such notices to award number of prizes specified in these Official Rules. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, fraud, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of any automated system to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes are created by an automated system or exceed the maximum of one entry per natural person/email address. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE TIVO ENTRY PAGE (SWEEPS.TIVO.COM) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- WINNER LIST. For names of the winners, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The TiVo Email Address Monthly Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 2160, San Jose, CA 95002. Winner lists will be sent out once winners have been verified.