It's easy to transfer recorded TV shows from your TiVo box to your PC so you can watch your favorites wherever you go.
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
Transferring shows to your PC
If you record a show on your TiVo box, you can easily play it back on your PC or laptop. Here's how.
- Show the steps
- Before you begin, make sure that you have installed TiVo Desktop Software for the PC on your PC, and that your TiVo box is connected to your home network.
- On your PC, launch TiVo Desktop.See it
- Click "Pick Recordings to Transfer." A window showing your TiVo box's
"Now Playing" or "My Shows" list appears. If you have more than one TiVo box in your home network, their names appear in a pull-down list. Select the box that has the show you want to transfer.
- Note: Shows that cannot be transferred due to copy protection restrictions are marked with a red circle slash.
- Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show—the same show information you have on your TiVo box.
- Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
- Click "Start Transfer." While transferring shows, TiVo Desktop displays the status and the time remaining. Click "Transfer Status" to view details of transfers in progress. Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show's duration (i.e., up to one hour for a one hour show) to complete the transfer.See it
- Note: If the show is part of a series, the "Auto-Transfer this Series" button is available. Click this button, and TiVo Desktop will transfer each episode automatically as soon as it's available on your TiVo box's "Now Playing" or "My Shows" list.
- Shows you transfer to your computer are listed in TiVo Desktop's "Now Playing List." To reach the "Now Playing List," click "TiVo Recordings."See it
- To watch a show, select any title from the list (even one that's still transferring) and click "Play." Your computer's default media player (in most cases, Windows Media Player) starts automatically. Refer to your media player's instructions for more about playing recordings.