It's easy to transfer recorded TV shows from your TiVo box to your PC or Mac so you can watch your favorites wherever you go.
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
Transferring shows to your PC
If you record a show on your TiVo box, you can easily play it back on your PC or laptop. Here's how.
- Show the steps
- Before you begin, make sure that you have installed TiVo Desktop Software for the PC on your PC, and that your TiVo box is connected to your home network.
- On your PC, launch TiVo Desktop.See it
- Click "Pick Recordings to Transfer." A window showing your TiVo box's
"Now Playing" or "My Shows" list appears. If you have more than one TiVo box in your home network, their names appear in a pull-down list. Select the box that has the show you want to transfer.
- Note: Shows that cannot be transferred due to copy protection restrictions are marked with a red circle slash.
- Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show—the same show information you have on your TiVo box.
- Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
- Click "Start Transfer." While transferring shows, TiVo Desktop displays the status and the time remaining. Click "Transfer Status" to view details of transfers in progress. Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show's duration (i.e., up to one hour for a one hour show) to complete the transfer.See it
- Note: If the show is part of a series, the "Auto-Transfer this Series" button is available. Click this button, and TiVo Desktop will transfer each episode automatically as soon as it's available on your TiVo box's "Now Playing" or "My Shows" list.
- Shows you transfer to your computer are listed in TiVo Desktop's "Now Playing List." To reach the "Now Playing List," click "TiVo Recordings."See it
- To watch a show, select any title from the list (even one that's still transferring) and click "Play." Your computer's default media player (in most cases, Windows Media Player) starts automatically. Refer to your media player's instructions for more about playing recordings.
Transferring shows to your Mac
To transfer shows to your Mac, you'll need Roxio Toast Titanium software. With Roxio Toast Titanium, you can not only watch your favorite shows on your Mac, but also burn DVDs of your shows, or convert them for use your iPod, iPhone, or PSP.
With Roxio Toast 11 Titanium you can even transfer compatible web video from your Mac back to your TiVo box for viewing, and with the optional HD/BD Plug-in you can burn Blu-ray discs and High-Definition DVDs of your favorite HD recordings.
Visit www.roxio.com/mactivotogo for more information or to purchase Roxio Toast Titanium software.
- Show the steps
- Before you begin, you must install the TiVo Transfer application during the Roxio Toast Titanium setup process. During Roxio Toast installation, the Toast Setup Assistant will prompt you to enable TiVo Transfers. Check the "Enable TiVo Transfers" box.See it
- On your Mac, launch TiVo Transfer.
Note: You can also launch TiVo Transfer from the "Extras" menu in Roxio Toast Titanium.
- The first time you launch TiVo Transfer, you will be asked to enter your TiVo box's Media Access Key. You can find the Media Access key in the following places:See it
- From tivo.com: Log in to your account and then click "Media Access Key."
- From your TiVo box: From TiVo Central, select 'Messages & Settings' > 'Account and System Information' > 'Media Access Key.'
Note: To enter a different Media Access Key, select "Preferences" from the "TiVo Transfer" menu.
- From the "TIVO DVRs" list in the left navigation window, select your TiVo box.
If you have more than one TiVo box in your home network, all of their names appear in this list. Select the box that has the show you want to transfer.
- Click on the show(s) you would like to transfer to your Mac, and select one of the following transfer options: See it
- Start Transfer: Select this option to transfer only the selected show(s).
- Create Auto Transfer: Select this option to automatically transfer all shows in a series. This option is available only if the selected show is part of a series.
While transferring recordings, TiVo Transfer displays the status and the time remaining. Click "Active Transfers" to view details of transfers in progress.
Note: Shows that cannot be transferred due to copy protection restrictions are marked with a red circle slash.
- Recordings you transfer to your Mac are listed in TiVo Transfer's "TiVo Recordings" list. To reach the list, click "TiVo Recordings" in the left navigation window.
- To watch a recording, select any title from the list and click "Play." The Toast Video Player starts automatically. Please see the Toast Titanium documentation for more about playing recordings.