How to use TiVo Search Beta
To use TiVo Search (Beta), you must have a TiVo® HD, TiVo® HD XL, or Series3™ box that is broadband-connected, parental controls must be OFF, and your privacy status must be OPT-IN. If you try to use TiVo Search and any of these conditions are not met, you'll see on-screen prompts telling you how to change the necessary settings.
This feature is available on:
- TiVo HD
- TiVo HD XL
- TiVo Series3
Finding shows to record or download
TiVo Search (Beta) allows you to search both broadcast and broadband content, so you're always sure to find something great to watch.
- Hide the steps
- From the TiVo Central screen, select 'Music, Photos, and Showcases' > 'TiVo Search Beta.'
- Enter the first few letters of a show title or actor's name. A list of search results will appear in the middle pane of the screen. See it
- Select a show title or actor's name to see more details and schedule recordings.
- For a show, you can schedule a single recording or a Season Pass from the Details screen. You can also use the left navigation pane to view upcoming episodes or browse the episode guide, explore details about the cast, learn about other shows that might interest you, or view bonus features. See it
- For an actor, you can browse TV shows or movies featuring this actor, learn about the actor's other production credits, read a biography, or create a WishList search. See it
Note: Didn't find what you were looking for? The list of search results contains options to search YouTube™ or create a WishList search for the item. See it
Using the Discovery Bar
The scrolling bar at the top of your screen contains recommendations for shows we think you might like.
- Show the steps
- To access the Discovery Bar, press the UP arrow on your remote control until an item in the bar is highlighted.See it
- Use the LEFT and RIGHT arrows to scroll through the recommendations.
- When you find a show that interests you, press SELECT to go its program details screen. From there, you can schedule a recording, learn more about the show, view upcoming episodes or browse the episode guide, explore details about the cast, learn about other shows that might interest you, or view bonus features.
- To exit the Discovery Bar, press the DOWN arrow on your remote control.
- Help topic: TiVo Search (Beta)