How to schedule shows from the web
Browse TV listings and schedule shows on your home TiVo box from the Find TV shows section of tivo.com.
This feature is available on:
- TiVo HD and HD XL
- All TiVo Premiere boxes
Find a show online, your TiVo box records it at home
It's easy to find and record shows online. Here's how:
- Hide the steps
- Go to the Find TV Shows section of tivo.com.See it
- If you're not already signed in to tivo.com, click the Sign In link at the top right. Signing in ensures that you'll find the correct TV listings for your TiVo box. And, if you have a high-definition TiVo box, signing in allows you to view your box's "My Shows," "Now Playing" and "To Do" lists from the Find TV Shows home page.See it
If you do not sign in, or if you are not yet a TiVo customer, you can enter your zip code to display listings for your local area. If you do not sign in and do not enter a zip code, Find TV Shows will display a generic channel lineup and East Coast showtimes.
- Using the drop-down menu at the top right, select the TiVo box you want to receive your recording request. See it
- Find a show using one of the many options available.
- For a quick search, use the Search TV and movies box at the top of the page to look for program titles or keywords.
- Select any program from the Discovery Bar at the top of the page.
- Use the Advanced Search to search for any combination of title keywords, description keywords, actor/director names, category/subcategory, or date range.See it
- Browse by category or by channel.See it
- Browse TV listings.See it
- When you find a show you want to record, click one of the following: See it
- 1-Click Record: Record the episode with one click! The default 1-Click recording options will be used. (If you want to change recording options, select "Record with options" instead, or set up your 1-Click Recording options. See Setting recording options below for more.)
- 1-Click Season Pass: Record every episode in the series with one click! The default 1-Click recording options will be used. (If you want to change recording options, select "Record with options" instead, or set up your 1-Click Recording options. See Setting recording options below for more.)
- Record with options: Record the episode and set recording options. To set these options as your default 1-Click Recording options, select "Always use the settings below for 1-Click Recordings" on the Recording Options screen.
- Congratulations! Your request was sent, and a "Request sent" link will be displayed. Click on the link for details.
Note: If your TiVo box is broadband-connected, it frequently checks the TiVo service for your recording requests, and you can schedule a recording within an hour of its air time. If your box is connected via a phone line, it will check for your recording requests the next time your box connects to the TiVo service (usually within 36 hours).
Setting recording options
You can easily set or change your recording options, including your 1-Click Recording options.
- Show the steps
- To set or change recording options, find a show to record, and click "Record with options."See it
- Note: You can also set or change your 1-Click Recording options by clicking "1-Click Options" on the left side of the page.See it
- At the top of the Recording Options window, select "Record this Episode" to view recording options for single episodes, or select "Get a Season Pass" to view recording options for Season Pass recordings.
- If you have more than one TiVo box, select the box that you want to receive the recording request. (Not applicable to 1-Click recordings. For 1-Click recordings, the recording request will be sent to the box displayed in the "Selected DVR" drop down menu at the top of the page.)
- If the show you want to record is airing on more than one channel, select the channel you want to record. (Not applicable to 1-Click recordings. For 1-Click recordings, the recording request will be based on the channel listed with the airing you selected.)
- The following recording options are used by default. To change them, use the drop-down menus.
- Show Type: Repeats and First run (for Season Pass recordings only)
- Priority: Record only if nothing else conflicts
- Quality: Use the default on the TiVo box
- Keep at most: 5 episodes (for Season Pass recordings only)
- Keep until: Space needed
- Start: On time
- Stop: On time
- If you would like to receive confirmation emails when you schedule a recording request, enter your email address in the Email field.
- To set the options in steps 5 and 6 as your default 1-Click Recording options, select "Always use the settings below for 1-Click Recordings."
- Select "Schedule episode" or "Schedule a Season Pass."
Schedule recordings from other TV listings online
TiVo Online Scheduling also works with other web sites that offer TV listings. You can browse TV shows at:
- tv.com – Look for 'Record to TiVo' in TV listings and on Show Overview pages.
- Yahoo.com – Look for 'Record to TiVo' in TV listings.
- Zap2it.com – Select 'Record to TiVo.'
You'll need to create an account at the TV listing site, then link it to your TiVo account to schedule recordings on your TiVo box. Just click the TiVo link while browsing TV listings and follow the instructions.
- Support article: TiVo Online Scheduling
- Support article: Online Scheduling with Yahoo! and Zap2It TV Listings