How to quickly set up single recordings
When you're watching live TV or browsing the program guide, you can set up recordings with a click of the TiVo remote!
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
Recording what you're watching
You can always record the show you're watching. Here's how:
- Hide the steps
- While you're watching live TV, just press the RECORD button on your TiVo remote.
- On the screen that appears, select "Record this showing." Or, you can select "Season Pass & other options" for more choices.See it
Note: Up to 30 minutes of the current channel's broadcast is always being saved, even when you're not recording. So, if you've been watching this channel for a while before pressing RECORD, the saved portion (up to 30 minutes) will be recorded in addition to the rest of the show.
Recording a show from the guide
Recording a show you find in the program guide is simple.
- Hide the steps
- To view the guide, press the GUIDE button on your TiVo remote.
- Press FORWARDto move the displayed time ahead, or press REWINDto move it backward. Press ADVANCE to jump 24 hours ahead, or INSTANT REPLAY to jump 24 hours back.
- Highlight a show's title in the guide, then press the RECORD button on your TiVo remote.
- On the screen that appears, select "Record this showing." After the TiVo service schedules the recording, you'll return to the guide.See it
Note: To find alternate airings of a show, highlight a show's title in the guide, then press RECORD. Then select 'Season Pass and other options' > 'View upcoming episodes.' You can use this list to choose the showing that is most convenient for you to record.
Stopping a recording in progress
You can stop any recording in either of two ways: select the title in your "My Shows" list, then select "Stop Recording;" or, press the RECORD button in live TV, then choose "Stop the current recording."