How to listen to the Rhapsody music service on your TiVo box
The Rhapsody Music Service gives you unlimited access to a catalog of millions of CD-quality tracks in dozens of genres. Listen to your old favorites and the newest releases - instantly.
With a paid subscription, you can log in to your Rhapsody account from your broadband-connected TiVo box. You'll have access to the same library of songs that you see on Rhapsody online. You can even search Rhapsody using your PC or Mac, and have the music available on your TiVo box for easy playback through your living room speakers.
Try the Rhapsody Music Service free for 14 days. Then become a member by visiting www.rhapsody.com/tivo. (The same subscription works on computers and compatible portable players.) If you already have a membership with Rhapsody or the Best Buy Digital Music Store you can access it from your TiVo box right now — with no additional charge.
Note: For a limited time, TiVo subscribers can test drive Rhapsody for 14 days with no obligation and no credit card required.
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo Premiere boxes
Listening to Rhapsody music
To start using Rhapsody on your TiVo box:
- Hide the steps
- Press the TiVo button on your TiVo remote to go to TiVo Central, and then do one of the following:
- Accept the 14-day free trial, or if you're a Rhapsody member, sign in.
- Browse the music listings. See it
- When you find a song or album you want to play, select it and press PLAY on your TiVo remote.See it
You can continue browsing artists and albums while listening. If you exit Rhapsody, playback will stop.
After a few minutes of playing time, a screen saver is automatically activated to protect your TV screen. Press any button on the TiVo remote to return to Rhapsody.
TiVo remote tips
Many buttons on the TiVo remote work with music from Rhapsody just as you would expect them to: press PLAY to play music and PAUSE to pause playback. Other buttons have special functions within Rhapsody:
- INSTANT REPLAY : Return to the top level of Rhapsody.
- INFO: View your play queue.
- FAST-FORWARD and REWIND: Skip to the next or previous track.
- RECORD: Add the current track to your Music Library.
- CLEAR and ENTER: Check the screen tips at the bottom of the screen for specific shortcuts.