How to create DVDs of TV shows
Once you've transferred your recorded TiVo shows to your PC or Mac, you can create DVDs that you can play in your DVD player.
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
Creating a DVD on a PC
To create DVDs on a PC, you will need to install Roxio Creator.
Visit the Roxio Creator 2012 home page for more information or to purchase Roxio Creator 2012.
Creating a DVD on a Mac
To create DVDs on a Mac, you will need to install Toast 10 Titanium. To burn Blu-ray discs or HD DVDs of your high-definition TiVo recordings, you will also need the optional HD/BD Plug-in.
Visit www.roxio.com/mactivotogo for more information or to purchase Roxio Toast Titanium software.
- Show the steps
- Before you begin, make sure that you have transferred your shows to your Mac using Roxio Toast Titanium software.
- Launch Roxio Toast Titanium.
- Select the "Video" category, then select the "DVD-Video" project type from the left navigation window.
- If not already visible, open the Toast Media Browser by clicking the pull-down "Window" menu and selecting "Show Media Browser."
- From the pull-down menu in the Media Browser, select "TiVo."
- Select the show(s) you want to add, and drag them to the Toast window. Your selected shows will be added to your DVD-Video project.
- In the DVD-Video left navigation window, choose a menu style.
- To title your DVD, select "More" and enter a DVD title in the "Disc Name" field. Then click "OK."
- Click the red button on the bottom right of the screen to burn your DVD.
- In the dialog box, set your DVD burning options and click "OK."
- Note: If you have Toast Titanium and the HD/BD Plug-in, you can also create Blu-ray discs and High-Definition DVDs from your high-definition TiVo recordings.
See the Toast Titanium User Guide for more about creating DVDs.
Not all programs may be transferred using the Multi-Room Viewing or TiVoToGo features due to the use of copy protection mechanisms permitted under the FCC’s encoding rules. Some shows cannot be transferred due to the copy protection assigned them by the program provider. These shows usually are marked with a red circle-slash icon. (47 C.F.R. 76.1904)