TiVo Stream adds flexibility to your TiVo experience by letting you stream shows to mobile devices in your home, or wirelessly transfer shows and take them to go.*
- Stream your recorded shows from your TiVo Premiere series DVR simultaneously to multiple mobile devices
- Watch a show on a mobile device as it's being recorded
- Wirelessly transfer shows to mobile devices
- Transfer a one-hour show in as little as 15 minutes
- Your Premiere series DVR needs to be connected to your home network using wired Ethernet or MoCA
- TiVo Stream does not support a wirelessly connected DVR
- TiVo Stream will not work if unauthorized modifications have been made to the iOS on the mobile device (also known as "jailbreaking")
- TiVo Stream does not support downloading copy-protected programming
What you'll need
- One or more iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® devices running iOS5.1 or later
- At least one TiVo Premiere series DVR
- Free TiVo® App for iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- A wired Ethernet or MoCA connection between your DVR and home network
With TiVo Stream, you can start watching a show you haven't even recorded yet. With the press of a button, you can begin recording a show and instantly start watching it anywhere within your home network. It's as good as live TV on your iPad.
Take complete control of the show you're watching with 30-second skip, 8-second rewind and pause button. Or use the progress bar to move to any spot in a show. Press the "Info" button to see a complete description of the show you're watching.
Before you head out the door, it's easy to transfer the shows you want to watch on the road. A download bar shows you progress, and you can drag and drop shows to prioritize the order they're downloaded—a handy feature when time is short.
"Watch Now" Flyout
Find something good to watch while browsing the Guide? Press the "Watch Now" button and you can choose to watch that show on your TV or on your iPad. It's a great way to keep everybody in the house happy when the big screen is occupied.
Setting up your TiVo Stream
On your iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® running iOS5.1 or later, download or update the TiVo App
To stream or download shows from your TiVo Premiere series DVR, you'll need the latest version of the TiVo App. If you don't already have the TiVo App, download it from the App Store and install it on your device now. If you already have the TiVo App, make sure it's up to date (with no updates pending).
Check your TiVo Premiere series DVR's network connection
Verify that your TiVo Premiere series DVR is connected to your home network using either a wired Ethernet or Ethernet over coax (MoCA®) connection.
Connect your TiVo Premiere series DVR to an open port on your router or to an Ethernet jack in your wall using an Ethernet cable (shown below).
Ethernet over coax (MoCA)
To use a MoCA connection, you must have MoCA enabled in your home. Then, connect the coaxial cable coming from the wall to the CABLE/MoCA port on the back of the TiVo Premiere. For more information on MoCA, see tivo.com/moca.
Connect your TiVo Stream
TiVo Premiere using a wired Ethernet Connection
Back of the TiVo Premiere DVR
Back of the TiVo Stream
Connect the TiVo Stream to your router and plug it in.
- Connect the TiVo Stream to an open port on your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the power cord from the back of the TiVo Stream to a power source.
- Wait for the LED on the back of the TiVo Stream to turn solid white. This should take less than 10 minutes.
You'll now finish setup on your mobile device.
- On your iPad or other mobile device, launch the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app and connect to your DVR. If the on-screen instructions do not appear automatically, go to the app's Settings menu and tap "TiVo Stream Setup."
*TiVo Premiere DVR and service subscription required and sold separately. MoCA or Ethernet connection required. iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch running iOS5.1 or later required and sold separately. One TiVo Premiere series DVR is capable of streaming up to three shows at once. Two Tivo Premiere series DVRs required to stream four shows simultaneously. Ability to stream multiple shows is also dependent on factors including bit rate, resolution, screen size and available bandwidth. Not all programs may be transferred using TiVo Stream due to the use of copy protection mechanisms permitted under the FCC's encoding rules. Some shows cannot be transferred due to the copy protection assigned them by the program provider. These shows usually are marked with a red circle-slash icon. (47 C.F.R. 76.1904)
Tivo Stream comes with a limited warranty. Details