Ninety (90) Days Free Parts and Labor
WHO IS COVERED?
You must have proof of purchase to receive warranty service. A sales receipt or other document showing that you purchased the product is considered proof of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED?
TiVo has the TiVo Stream manufactured from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry-standard practices. TiVo warrants that the TiVo Stream will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the limited warranty period described herein. The limited warranty coverage begins the day you purchase the product, as further described in the following text.
For ninety (90) days from the purchase date, the TiVo Stream will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed appropriate by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. This exchange is done without charge to you for parts and labor (except applicable taxes, if any). For exchanges permitted during this initial ninety (90)-day period, you will be responsible for the payment of all shipping costs.
From ninety-one (91) days to one (1) year after the purchase date, your TiVo Stream will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed appropriate by TiVo) if your TiVo Stream becomes defective or inoperative. During this period, however, you will be responsible for the payment of all labor and shipping costs.
If (for any reason) you desire to exchange your TiVo Stream more than one (1) year after the purchase date, then you will be responsible for the payment of (i) the replacement product, (ii) all labor costs, and (iii) all shipping costs.
To obtain your costs for any type of permissible exchange of your TiVo Stream, please contact TiVo Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486.
Exchanging your TiVo Stream for a replacement product does not restart or extend any of the above-set forth time periods, which continue to be calculated from the purchase date of your original TiVo Stream. Therefore, when the warranty on your original TiVo Stream expires, the warranty on the replacement product similarly expires on the same date.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
Your warranty does not cover:
- Labor charges for installation or setup of the TiVo Stream.
- Any taxes imposed on TiVo for units replaced or repaired under this warranty.
- Installation, performance of, or repair of: audio/video cabling, telephone line, or accessory attachments used with the TiVo Stream.
- Replacement of your TiVo Stream because of misuse, accident, lightning damage, unauthorized repair, or other cause not within the control of TiVo. Please note that removing the cover of the TiVo Stream for any reason voids the warranty.
- Reception transmission problems caused by signal conditions, telephone line, or cable or antenna systems outside the unit.
- Damages to, or viruses that may infect, your TiVo Stream or other devices arising from the use of unauthorized third party devices in connection with your TiVo Stream.
- Incidental, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the TiVo Stream. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental, indirect or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.)
- Damages resulting from or relating to a modification or adaptation that has been made to a TiVo Stream to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed.
- A TiVo Stream used for commercial or institutional purposes.
- Access connections (telephone or broadband), including charges from your communications provider.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP…
Please maintain in a safe and accessible place your sales receipt or other document showing proof of purchase of the TiVo Stream. Also, keep the original box and packing material in case you need to return your TiVo Stream.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST WARRANTY SERVICE
Please check the troubleshooting advice in the TiVo app before calling TiVo Customer Support. Following the troubleshooting tips contained therein may save you a call to Customer Support.
TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE…
If you believe you need service for your TiVo Stream, contact TiVo Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486. A representative will go through a diagnostic checklist with you. If it is determined that the TiVo Stream needs to be exchanged, you will receive a return authorization number. The representative will give you complete shipping details.
TO GET OUT-OF-WARRANTY SERVICE…
Out-of-warranty service can be obtained at a nominal cost for replacement and handling. To obtain out-of-warranty service, contact TiVo Customer Support (at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486), where a representative will advise you about the costs you will incur for an out-of-warranty exchange of your TiVo Stream.
All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction). TIVO’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN THE TIVO STREAM IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE TIVO STREAM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF (AND ALL CONDITIONS OF) MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD. Some states (or jurisdictions) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
TIVO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND TIVO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental, indirect or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from state to state.