Use the steps below to set up your TiVo Stream for watching LiveTV and downloading video to your mobile device.
Step 1: Getting ready to connect your TiVo Stream
1. Write down your TiVo Stream’s TiVo Service Number (TSN).
You may need this number during the set up process, or if you contactTiVo Customer Support
. You can find the TSN on the bottom of the device.
2. On your iPad or other mobile device, download or update the TiVo App.
To stream or download shows from your TiVo Premiere series DVR, you will need the latest version of the TiVo App. If you do not already have the TiVo App, download it from the App Store and install it on your device now. If you already have the TiVo App, make sure it is up to date (with no updates pending).
Step 2: Connecting a new TiVo Stream to your network
1. Check the network connection of your Premiere series DVR.
Verify that you have connected your Premiere series DVR to your home network using either a wired Ethernet or MoCA connection.
Wired Ethernet: Connect your TiVo Premiere series DVR to an open port on your router or to an Ethernet jack in your wall using an Ethernet cable.
To use a MoCA connection, you must have MoCA enabled in your home. Then, connect the coaxial cable coming from the wall to the CABLE/MoCA port on the back of the TiVo Premiere. For more information on MoCA, seetivo.com/moca
2. Connect your TiVo Stream.
Connect the TiVo Stream to your router and plug it in.
IMPORTANT!If you need to set up more than one TiVo Stream, you must connect only ONE TiVo Stream and complete all setup instructions before connecting any additional devices.
1. Connect your TiVo Stream to an open port on your router using an Ethernet cable.
2. Connect the power cord from the back of the Stream to a power source.
3. Wait for the LED on the back of the Stream to turn solid white. This should take less than 10 minutes.
Step 3: Connecting the TiVo Stream to the TiVo App on your iOS device
You will now finish setting up the TiVo Stream by connecting it to your iPad, iPhone, iPad Touch (iOS device).
2. Launch the TiVo App on your iOS device.
3. The TiVo App will locate the TiVo Stream and begin Step 1: Checking software version. This can take up to 3 minutes.
NOTE: If the TiVo App does not automatically detect the TiVo Stream and begin Step 1, tap the gear (settings icon) and then TiVo Stream Setup.
If the TiVo Stream finds it does not need a firmware update, it will proceed to the next setup step and you can skip to Step 4.
If the TiVo stream finds it does need a firmware update, the TiVo App will display a no symbol next to Step 1 (a circle with line through it), and the firmware update will begin. While this is happening, be aware that:
- This process can take up to 20 minutes.
- We recommend that you plug your iOS device into a power source.
- Allow the process to complete. If you interrupt it, it will begin at Step 1 the next time you go to the TiVo Stream menu in Settings.
- This process will restart the TiVo Stream a minimum of 2 times. Do not interrupt this process.
If your TiVo Stream doesn't complete "Step 1: Checking software version" within 20 minutes, unplug the TiVo Stream and start setup again. If you still are unable to advance past "Step 1: Checking software version," contact TiVo Customer Support
4. Once Step 1 is complete, the TiVo App will begin Step 2: Checking activation status
to verify that you have activated the TiVo Stream. If the TiVo App detects that you have not activated the TiVo Stream, the setup will pause and you will need to activate your TiVo Stream online
. This step can take up to 10 minutes.
5.Step 3: Linking TiVo Stream to your DVR will search for your DVR on your network and connect with it. If there is an issue, follow the onscreen instructions to resolve the issue.
6.Step 4: Testing your network for streaming will run a test on a recorded program from the DVR to make sure your network is compatible with the demands of the TiVo Stream. If something is not working correctly, follow the onscreen message. Testing the network can take between two – three minutes.
7. You are now ready to Stream! TapDone or See tutorial for more information on using your TiVo Stream.