Now you can browse and view YouTube™ videos from the comfort of your couch!
This feature is available on:
- TiVo BOLT®(all models)
- TiVo Roamio®(all models)
- TiVo Premiere (all models)
- TiVo HD (all models)
- TiVo Series3
- TiVo Mini
Finding YouTube™ videos
Browsing YouTube on your TiVo box is just as easy as browsing YouTube on the Internet. Here's how:
- Show the steps
- On your TiVo box, go to TiVo Central.
- Select 'Find TV, movies, & videos' > 'YouTube.'
- Here you'll see popular videos in the main part of the screen. On the left side of the screen, you will a vertical list of icons corresponding to video categories (Trends, Film, Sports, Comedy, etc.). If you have purchased content (premium subscriptions, etc.) from YouTube, you'll find that content available here too.
- Use the UP and DOWN arrows on your TiVo remote control to scroll through the list of categories. Then use the the LEFT and RIGHT arrows to browse videos in the selected cateogry.
- When you find a video you want to watch, highlight it and press SELECT.
- To exit the video and continue browsing, press the REPLAY button on your remote control.
TIP: If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use the YouTube app to find videos, and then play them on your TV using your TiVo box. Just make sure your tablet or smartphone is connected to the same network as your TiVo box, use the YouTube app to find a video you want to watch, then tap "Launch" in the app. The video will play on your TV.
Watching YouTube videos
- To control playback, press SELECT. Video controls will appear on the bottom of the screen. Use the left and right arrows to navigate around the controls, pressing SELECT to activate the control.
- When playback finishes, you'll see a list of related or similar videos. Use the arrow buttons to move up and down through the list, and select a video to play it.
- YouTube videos are not stored on your TiVo box, so they do not appear on the "My Shows" list and they do not use any available recording space.