Spotify gives you access to millions of tracks, albums, and artists. To use Spotify on TiVo, you’ll need a Spotify Premium account to use Spotify on TiVo.
This feature is available on:
- TiVo BOLT®(all models)
- TiVo Roamio®(all models)
- TiVo Premiere (all models)
- TiVo Mini
Before you begin, make sure you have a Spotify Premium account, and have your username and password handy.
- From TiVo Central, select ‘Music & Photos’ > ‘Spotify.’
- Enter your Spotify Premium username and password. Press the blue button on your TiVo remote to toggle the keyboard between lowercase, uppercase, and symbols.
- Use the arrow buttons on your TiVo remote to explore what Spotify has to offer: browse new offerings, enjoy your playlists or create new ones, or search for specific tracks, albums, or artists. The LEFT and RIGHT buttons switch between columns. The UP and DOWN buttons browse through playlists, albums, tracks, and related artists.
- Press SELECT to play a highlighted track.
Using the Options panel
The Options panel helps you find the music you want. As you browse through the Spotify choices, you can always press INFO on your TiVo remote to access the Options panel. From here you can star/un-star tracks or albums, browse a specific artist’s work, browse through an album, view related artists, or get help.
Tips & tricks
Here are a few things to remember when using Spotify on TiVo.
- Press and hold the FAST FORWARD button to fast forward through a track. Let go of the button to start playing.
- Press and hold the REWIND button to rewind through a track. Let go of the button to start playing.
- Press THUMBS UP to star a track. Press THUMBS DOWN to un-star it.
- Press the YELLOW button to go to the top menu.
- To exit Spotify, select ‘Exit’ from the top menu, or press the RED button.