Let’s get you familiar with your TiVo Mini, so you can watch live TV, recorded shows and popular streaming apps on another TV in your house.1 This easy-to-follow guide gives you simple instructions to set up your TiVo Mini and share the TiVo experience in another room.
Was this a gift?
If you received or gave TiVo Mini as a gift, please make sure that the giver has deactivated the device from their account. They can do this in Manage My Account > Active devices > TiVo Mini > Deactivate.
Make the first move.
When your TiVo Mini arrives, be sure to locate the Start Here poster inside the box or view the poster online. It is your step-by-step guide to get your Mini quickly up and running.
Sync TiVo Mini with your TiVo box.
TiVo BOLT and TiVo Roamio DVR users
TiVo BOLT® and TiVo Roamio® DVRs have a new Dynamic Tuner Allocation feature. This means you do not have to Allow live TV on other devices on your TiVo box. It’s all ready to go. You can skip Step 2 in the TiVo Mini Start Here poster.
If connecting your TiVo Mini to a TiVo Premiere 4 or Premiere XL4, remember to Allow live TV on other devices on your Premiere DVR before setting up your TiVo Mini. This is in Step 2 of the TiVo Mini Start Here poster.
Setting up your TiVo Mini.
To stream live or recorded television to your TiVo Mini, connect your TiVo BOLT or TiVo Roamio DVR to the internet using one of the following:
1. If your TiVo box is connected via wired Ethernet.
If you have Ethernet, you’re all set! Just connect your TiVo Mini to your TV and enjoy.
2. If your TiVo box is connected to your router.
You're all set! Just connect your TiVo Mini to your other TV and enjoy.
Once your TiVo Mini is set up, you’ll be able to connect other TVs in your home through your 4- or 6-tuner TiVo box to create a whole-home entertainment experience. With TiVo Mini, you can:
· Watch live TV and record shows.
· Access web entertainment from Netflix, Prime Video, HBO GO, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, VUDU and more.2
· Enjoy SkipMode® and QuickMode® when connected to TiVo BOLT or TiVo Roamio
· Browse TV and movies with the TiVo search functionality you know and love.
· Schedule recordings and set up OnePass™ recordings.
· Pause, fast-forward and rewind live TV and recordings.
· Start a show in one room and finish it in another.
1. Streaming to other TVs within the home requires a separately purchased TiVo Mini for each TV. A multi-network adapter (sold separately) may be required. The TiVo BOLT works optimally with up to four TiVo Minis, and potentially with up to ten TiVo Minis.
2. Broadband internet connection is required to access and receive streaming content. Availability of third-party content from streaming sources is subject to change and certain third-party fees may apply.
© 2018 TiVo Inc. All Rights Reserved. TiVo, the TiVo logo, the TiVo silhouette logo, TiVo BOLT VOX, TiVo BOLT, SkipMode, QuickMode and OnePass are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. or its subsidiaries worldwide. All other company, product and brand names, logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.