What you'll need
• One or more iOS devices (iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch) running iOS 7.0 or later (TiVo Stream will not work if unauthorized modifications have been made to the iOS on the mobile device — also known as "jailbreaking")
• One or more Android devices running 4.1 or later with a non-Intel or AMD chipset.
• At least one TiVo BOLT, 4-tuner TiVo Roamio DVR or TiVo Premiere series DVR
• Free TiVo app for tablets and smartphones, running the most updated software
• A wired Ethernet or TiVo® Bridge connection between your DVR and home network (TiVo Stream does not support a wirelessly connected box)
Was this a gift?
If the TiVo Stream you purchased is a gift for someone else, please make sure you deactivate the device from your account. You can do this in Manage My Account > Active devices > TiVo Stream > Deactivate. If you received TiVo Stream as a gift please make sure to activate the device on your account. You can do this in Manage My Account > Activate a TiVo device.
Find your Start Here poster
When your TiVo Stream arrives, locate the Start Here poster in the box or view the poster online. It is your step-by-step guide to get your device quickly up and running.
Download or update the TiVo app on your iOS device running iOS 7.0 or later, or your Android device running 4.1 or later
Compatible with iPad/iPhone.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
Compatible with non-Intel or AMD chipset Android devices.
Requires Android 4.1 or later
Connect Stream to the internet
1. Check your TiVo BOLT, TiVo Roamio or TiVo Premiere series DVR's network connection
Verify that your TiVo Roamio or TiVo Premiere series DVR is connected to your home network using either a wired Ethernet or TiVo Bridge connection.
Please note: you will not be able to use your TiVo Stream if your DVR is connected to the Internet using a wireless connection.
Connect your TiVo Roamio series box to an open port on your router or to an Ethernet jack in your wall using an Ethernet cable (shown below).
MoCA Network (Ethernet over coax)
To use a MoCA connection, you must have MoCA enabled in your home. Then, connect the coaxial cable coming from the wall to the CABLE/MoCA port on the back of the TiVo box. If you don’t have a MoCA network, get instructions here.
2. Connect your TiVo Stream
TiVo box using an Ethernet connection
Connect the TiVo Stream to your router and plug it in.
1. Connect the TiVo Stream to an open port on your router using an Ethernet cable.
2. Connect the power cord from the back of the TiVo Stream to a power source.
3. Wait for the LED on the back of the TiVo Stream to turn solid white. This should take less than 10 minutes.
3. Complete setup
You'll now finish setup on your mobile device.
1. On your iOS or Android mobile device, launch the app.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app and connect to your TiVo box. If the on-screen instructions do not appear automatically, go to the app's Settings menu and tap TiVo Stream Set Up.
Watch shows around your house
Another thing you'll love about the TiVo Stream is that it allows you to stream shows to up to four different mobile devices in your home simultaneously. Press the Watch Now button and you can choose to watch that show on either your TV or mobile device. Whether you are in the bedroom, kitchen or on the patio, the shows you love are always by your side. It's a great way to keep everybody happy when the big screen is occupied.
Take your love on the run
Watch live or recorded shows on your iOS or Android device from anywhere. Just find a show you want to watch in My Shows and select the Watch now button. You can also download shows to your iOS device by clicking the Download button in My Shows. Track your download progress and prioritize the download order by selecting the On iPhone or iPad button.
Get swept off your couch
With TiVo Stream you can begin recording a show and instantly start watching it anywhere within your home network. Just press the Record and Watch button on the TiVo app and watch your show anywhere around the house. It's as good as live TV on your mobile device.