TiVo Suggestions uses your Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings to find and record shows you might like. The more shows you rate over time, the better TiVo suggestions will get at recommending interesting TV and movies for you.
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
You can rate any show—whether it's live, recorded, or listed in the program guide—by pressing the THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN button on your remote. You can give a show up to three Thumbs Up (great!) or three Thumbs Down (terrible!).
TiVo Suggestions keeps track of your ratings and uses them to recommend new shows you might like!
Auto-recording TiVo Suggestions
When your TiVo box has available space, it automatically records TiVo Suggestions. But you don't ever need to worry about recorded Suggestions taking up space—here's why:
- TiVo Suggestions never replace shows you request, or prevent your requested shows from being recorded.
- TiVo Suggestions are always the first shows deleted to make room for recordings you request.
Note: To turn off automatic recording of TiVo Suggestions, go to 'TiVo Central' > 'Settings & Messages' > 'User Preferences' > 'TiVo Suggestions.'
When automatic recording is on (the default), TiVo Suggestions may be recorded if there's available space. Remember, recordings you schedule will never be deleted to make room for Suggestions. Also, if space is needed for your recordings, Suggestions are the first shows to be deleted.
Watching TiVo Suggestions
Recorded suggestions appear in the TiVo Suggestions group inside the "My Shows" list. You can watch, save, or delete them just like any other shows. Here's how to find them:
- TiVo Suggestions appears as a category in the left column of the categorized My Shows list. Highlight it to see all of your recorded Suggestions.
- When you select a category in My Shows, you'll find a Suggestions folder for that category. For example, in the TV Series category, you'll find a TiVo Suggestions folder that contains only suggestions for TV series .
- If you're using the "classic" My Shows look (without categories), you'll see a TiVo Suggestions group toward the bottom of the My Shows list.